Sunday 10 December 2017

Book Review - Snowballs: Winter Fun on the Slopes by Fliss Chester

Amazon UK
Title: Snowballs: Fun on the Slopes
Author: Fliss Chester
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Netgalley
Publisher: Orion
Publication Date: 30th November 2017
Rating: 3.5 Stars


Escape to the glamorous resort of Val d'Argent for a wintry week of fun, fondue and frivolity. It's going to be an unforgettable Christmas!

Join old university friends Jenna, Max, Angus, Bertie, Hugo and Sally as they jet off to the French Alps for a week of festive fun.

On the agenda: flirting, drinking, dancing - and a bit of skiing along the way.

But once they arrive they are soon waylaid by secret passions, chairlift shenanigans, sexy ski-instructors and the sort of social climbing that requires more effort and planning than a solo ascent of Mont Blanc!

Will it all snowball into disaster or will there be someone waiting under the mistletoe this Christmas?

Clip on your skis, dig out your salopettes, and get ready for some fun on the slopes..

From the looks of the cover and the blurb I thought perfect this is easily my sort of book, I will love it and it should be a nice quick read for me.   So you may be wondering why only 3.5 stars from me? 

I think it was just the wrong book for my frame of mind at the time of reading it.  Unfortunately my main bug bear with it was purely that I didn't like most of the characters and from their behaviours I felt like I was 10-15 years too old to read this book - I would reckon teenagers would potentially enjoy this, or uni aged people but it just didn't quite strike the right chord with me. 

That being said, wow there was a lot of sex in this book and some of those scenes were hot and highly enjoyable. Some of it could be classed as more risque or sordid which did add to the fun of the book, and there seemed to be a lot of partner swapping. 

The action on the ski slopes too caught my attention and I loved the both the action on and off the piste, especially the hunky French ski instructor who was incredibly flirty! 

There is plenty to enjoy and I reckon another day, I would have been raving about the book. I am though curious to see what the next book is going to be like, although having read the blurb of that before finishing this one, I did know who one of the characters ended up with already. 

6 friends, 6 perspectives, a whole lot of fun and action packed into a one week ski holiday, plus some adventure and adrenalin pumping scenes.  Good debut and be curious to see how this author progresses. 

Thank you to Netgalley and Orion for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...