Tuesday 3 May 2016

Guest Post - Writing is Therapy! by Cassi Ellen

Ever had your heart broken? I think everyone has at some stage in their life. I decided to write a book about mine and here is why……

Why I wrote the book
After I broke up with my ex-boyfriend, I was 30, single, heart broken and alone, 10,000 miles away from home. The loneliness was unbearable and I guess writing things down really helped me, like some sort of therapy (which I highly recommend).

I never intended to write an actual book, but I guess I just got carried away, and before I knew it I had 70,000 words! Then an editor read it, said it was good, and the rest, as they say, is history!

Why you should read it
Like I said, I put pen to paper as a kind of personal therapy, but after people read it, and said that the story had credible weight to it, I decided to publish it in the hope that others could take something away from my story.

I hope it will have you running the gamut of your emotions and might even lead a few to examine their own relationships and learn something from my experiences. 
But don’t think the book is all serious, because it certainly is not! It should also have you laughing out loud too!

The book – Story of a Secret Heart.

As Cassi, a 30-year old single woman, leaves a long-term, unhappy relationship, she struggles with the pain and anguish of a broken heart. When, by chance, she meets a handsome stranger, he introduces her to a world that she didn’t even know existed. As she begins to slowly forget all about her broken heart she learns to have fun again. It is then that her life starts to spiral out of control and all she can do is laugh and hang on tight. 

Story of a Secret Heart is about breaking up . . . and breaking down. It’s about the roller-coaster ride of a breakup and all the little stories in-between.

Author Bio
I am a completely anonymous author which is very difficult. It’s quite a burden to be honest as I’m definitely a girl’s girl and so I love to chat and gossip with my friends and my mum. I hope one day I will have the courage to tell them. I’m sure the time is not far off.

Twitter | Blog | Facebook

The reviews
The reviews have been great so far! My favourite so far is when it was called ‘a hug in a book’ which I totally relate to as I would really love to hug all my readers. 

Download today for a one of a kind Chick Lit read!

http://amzn.to/1qVbZ3p

Thank you so much Cassi for coming over to Rachel's Random Reads today. I'm so glad that writing the book helped you so much, and it really does sound like an entertaining story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...