Friday 29 January 2016

Book Review - The Art of Seduction by Lorraine Wilson

Amazon UK
Title: The Art of Seduction
Author: Lorraine Wilson
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Author supplied ARC
Publisher: Self Published
Publication Date: 7th October 2015
Rating: 5 Stars


Laura Baker has a plan. She's going to make Jack McClaren, bad boy of the art world, face up to his responsibilities. Jack has a plan, to track down his elusive creative spark. When Laura ambushes him he's found it. Now to light the fuse, sit back and enjoy the fireworks... 

Laura: 
'I live in London and work in a florists, though I do a bit of waitressing in the evenings as well, to make some extra money. With the mess my sister Sophie has got into we're going to need every penny and it's not like I can rely on Mum or Dad to help out. 
It was through the waitressing temp job I finally found a way to turn things around, to make things right for my little sister. Going through the proper channels got me nowhere so I had to get...creative. The laws of right and wrong apply to everyone, or at least they should do. I admit Jack McClaren is super hot, after all I'm not blind, but he stands for all the things I despise - he's feckless and irresponsible and it's time someone made him pay. That someone is going to be me.' 

Jack: 

'I should be in a great place right now, commissions have made me rich and critics have named me as one of the greatest portrait painters of the twenty first century. Apparently I'm the 'bad boy of the art-world', or so my publicist would have you believe. But I've got a problem, my creative spark is ominously absent, it's been AWOL for a while. I'm busy procrastinating when Laura rockets into my life, bringing the elusive spark of inspiration with her. Sounds good, yes? Right up to the point when she opens her mouth and what she says...well, let's just say her accusation leaves me reeling. It's not long though before I realise I can turn the situation to my advantage. Seduction is an art and I've been told I'm a skilled artist in more ways than one. I'm all for taking opportunities to perfect my art. With Laura my plan is simple - light the fuse and then sit back and enjoy the fireworks.' 

Wow what a book. If you like a good erotic, and tantalising romance, with a small amount of depth to it, then The Art of Seduction is definitely a book to look at. 

This book just has sex appeal and sexual tension coming out of it by the bucketful. I would whole heartedly recommend that some scenes should only be read while you are alone, so that you can fully enjoy them and the feelings that you can't help but experience as you imagine what is see them play out. 

Laura and Jack come from different worlds on the surface, but they have more in common than it first seems. And what is evident is just how much they clearly want each other. Jack has to make Laura an offer she can't really refuse before any of this can occur, and the whole book takes place over a very short space of time. 

This adds to the pace and urgency of the story. For what is a relatively short novel, although still a bit longer than the Chalet Girls books, that Lorraine Wilson is more known for, there is far more depth to the main characters than it first appears. Yes there is a lot of sex in this book, and its as brilliantly portrayed as you would hope, but there is a clear story in it too, and its because of Jack's profession as an artist that everything seems so seductive. 

I loved how the story was told in both Jack and Laura's voices, as you really get to know their true feelings about the situation, before they communicate them to each other.. 

The Art of Seduction has certainly seduced me, and I'm delighted that Loraine Wilson has still managed to write such a sexual story, despite not having the backdrop of the ski resort in Verbier as the location this time!

Thank you to Lorraine Wilson for this review copy. This was my honest opinion. 

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, well I do like a good seduction. ) This sounds fab, Rachel. Well done, Lorraine! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...