Wednesday 10 June 2015

Book Review - Misbehaving in Miami by Aimee Duffy

Amazon UK
Title: Misbehaving in Miami (Summer Flings, Book 2)
Author: Aimee Duffy
Format reviewed: Ebook
Source: Purchased
Publisher: Harper Impulse
Publication Date: 11th August 2014
Rating: 4 Stars


Part 2 of Summer Flings - a fun, flirty and laugh out loud rom com series of short stories.

The girls are off to a beach house to catch some rays - and if they play their cards right - super hot guys!

With drinking games in the name of Gucci, a surprise visit from a very pissed off Zack and hunks galore, Miami is turning into their best stop yet. Not to mention Ciara finally comes up with a way to have her cake and eat it too!

The ideal summer treat for those relaxing days soaking up the sun!

This is the second book in the Summer Flings series, you can see my review for the first part here

Well the girls have moved on from Tinsel Town, and are now in Miami. There are some fantastic descriptions of Miami, that took me right back to my trips there last year. Having been on holiday to Miami, I think was partly what made me really want to read this part, and I wasn't disappointed. 

Elle and Gem are up for some more casual encounters with the male kind, and it seems like that and drinking to excess are their only motives for this trip round the world.  They are entertaining but so far fairly shallow characters that provide great entertainment. 

Ciara on the other hand is clearly going to be the star of the series, I feel we are getting far more of her background so far, and the chemistry between her and Zach is undeniable. 

I loved the scenes between Zach and Ciara, with a special mention to a section featuring ice-cream, where I was really feeling like I was Ciara, reading it.. 

With lots of booze, sun and muscle men on offer Miami is an entertaining short story, and a lovely second part in the overall Summer Flings series. 

I have always enjoyed Paris as a city, so will be interested what the girls get up to in Book 3, Point Us to Paris. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...